RULES AND REGULATIONS ON CARRIAGE OF ANIMALS AS BAGGAGE MAY APPLY FOR SPECIFIC COUNTRIES DEPENDING ON RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY LOCAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES:
Pets such as dogs, cats, and birds, if and when they are acceptable for carriage as baggage should:
- Be placed in a secure and leak-proof container
- Have valid vaccination certificates and exit and/or entry permits from the Philippine Bureau of Animal Industry, Animal Health Division (AHD)
- Be accompanied by passengers at least 12 years old
NOTE: PETS ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN OUR MANILA TO LONDON FLIGHT, UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE
GUAM/HONOLULU/LAS VEGAS/LOS ANGELES/SAN FRANCISCO/VANCOUVER/JAPAN FLIGHTS (PIECE SYSTEM)
- Pets are not included in the free baggage allowance, and thus shall be considered as automatic excess baggage even if the passenger does not have any other baggage
Charges for the carriage of pets for piece system shall be as follows:
- Pet and container measuring 203cms (80in) or less weighing not more than 23kgs (50lbs) shall be charged 200% of the applicable excess baggage rate.
- Pet and container measuring over 203cms (80in) and weighing more than 23kgs (50lbs) shall be charged 300% of the applicable excess baggage rate.
- For each additional 10kgs (20lbs), 100% of the applicable excess baggage charge shall apply
- The total result shall be charge twice to come up with the total excess baggage charge.
NOTE: FOR PETS TRAVELING TO JAPAN AS CHECK IN OR CARGO, ANIMAL BUREAU QUARANTINE OF JAPAN MUST BE NOTIFIED AT LEAST FORTY (40)DAYS PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL OF THE PET.
REGIONAL AND DOMESTIC FLIGHTS (WEIGHT SYSTEM)
- Pets are not included in the free baggage allowance, and thus shall be considered as automatic excess baggage even if the total baggage weight of passenger is still within the Free baggage Allowance.
- Pet and container, weighing 5kgs and above, will be charged with their actual weight at 100% of the applicable excess baggage rate.
An inquiry with our reservations office must be made at least 48 hours before scheduled flight acceptance of pets as baggage from specific airport of origin.
Visit our website for more travel blogs and promos: www.vacacionistatravels.com
Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/vacacionistatnt2